A little while ago I submitted my second theme to the WordPress repository. Despite the lengthy process, it was finally approved in March. Yay! Since then, there have been a few updates, a some hurdles, but also some happy news.
I’m in the final stages of releasing update 1.4 which will include a few language files (Polish and Argentinian Spanish), a major update for WordPress 3.4’s Theme Customizer, as well as a few minor tweaks.
I was contacted last week by the WordPress theme review team about Grisaille. It looks like I picked a non-GPL compatible font for the main header font. (Whoops.) I contacted the font author, but was unsuccessful in getting him to change the license he released the font under. Needless to say, it was a learning experience. I did managed to get some great insight on the whole free-font process from Dan over at Font Squirrel. I finally found a suitable replacement font amongst the many, many fonts available in the Google Font API.
The Happy News
For the second time in a row, my theme has been scooped up by WordPress.com and adapted for their users. As always, I’m deeply humbled that they chose my theme from the hundreds available in the wordpress.org repository. I started working on my third theme very recently. It’s still in its early stages, but fingers crossed I can pull off a hat-trick.